Below is a list of local places of worship. Please click on the relevant link to access further information.
St Mary’s Church, Coddington
The Grade II listed sandstone built St Mary’s Parish Church was completed in 1834. Its predecessor, which was demolished in 1833 for being structurally unsafe, is believed to have dated from between the 8th and 10th century. Further information on church activities and history can be found at the following link: Click here….
St Chad’s , Farndon
Farndon church is dedicated to the first Bishop of Mercia, St Chad, who died in AD 672. Although the current building dates from the 14th century, the site has been home to previous wooden structures dating from the Celtic period. Internal inspection of the church will reveal many interesting architectural features including a stained glass window which documents the church’s role in the 17th century Civil War. Further information of church history and activities can be found at the following link: Click here…
St John the Baptist, Aldford
The John Douglas designed Grade II listed St John’s the Baptist Church in Aldford dates from the 1866. The red sandstone structure was commissioned by Richard Grosvenor, the 2nd Marquess of Westminster. Further information on church activities and history can be found at the following link: Click here….